Friday, September 18, 2009

Who Says Toilet Bowls Can’t Be Recycled?


Hi Coffee-O,

I have been busy, or rather in a frenzy with the renovations in my house. By the way, I am renovating my bathroom and skim coating my living room walls. Why am I doing that? Ok let me get into some background info here for you.

When I bought the house I didn’t notice that the ninkampoop (is that how you spell it?) who owned it before me sandblasted the whole house with oil-based paint. So good ol’ me bought the house and planned to happily give it a new coat of paint and move in. However, when I got the keys and looked at the house again, this time in more detail, I noticed the sandblasting and boy, oh, boy have I had hell with it since then. First, my husband and I thought we can be DIY heroes and scrap off the sandblasting. We only managed to do the living room and got sick after that. Then we painted the wall but soon to our horror we noticed the walls resembled somebody with a bad case of acne. It was riddled with holes, scrapes, scars and dents. So we called several contactors to quote us on skimming work and opened ourselves up to cut throat prices.

Anyway, my mother in law recommended her contractor, to not only skim my house but also renovate my bathroom. However, I soon learned that the guy worked really slowly and tried to get my maid to elope with him. However, wonder maid turned down his advances – lucky for me. He managed to finish the one-day skimming job in five days and painted my living room. Ok, I got to admit it – he did a good job of the skimming although it was at snail’s pace.

Now let’s get to my bathroom, he ripped the bathroom apart and left it like that for 5 days – by the way it’s still bare and unusable. Then he tells us he’s not sure on fixing the plumbing and wants to charge us more for the job since it’s a big bathroom. Sometimes, I think he’s scheming with my mother-in-law to rip me off and share the loot with her.

Ok, on that note, my mother-in-law asked me if she can have my old toilet bowl and sink. I cannot fathom for the life of me how she could ask for somebody else’s poo stained toilet bowl and stained 18-year old sink. By the way my house is 18 years old! She said it can be disinfected and used in her house. She’s going to get this guy to install it for her there. She was adamant about having it even after my husband told her that more than a hundred people would have pooped in that bowl over a span of 18 years.

So ladies and gentlemen, toilet bowls can also be RE-CYCLED!

Anyway, I am going to give this guy the sack since he did not complete my bathroom and seems pretty unsure about the plumbing. Somebody pleaaaasssseee remind me never to listen to my mother-in-law again. So I am on the look out for a contractor now to fix my toilet.

If that’s not all, I also found out that my toilet is non-standard. Toilet bowls go by 10,11 or 12 inches in measurement but mine is 21 inches. Is this a test from above? I can only get one type of toilet bowl from this company called Econax, which I had to order.

Now I am afraid to renovate any other portion of my house, lest I find something odd again.

I’ll be back with part 2 of my renovation story.

Ciao!

Missy Red.

0 comments: