Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grabbing the bull by its horns

Yeah talking about reputation, those in the customer service line should really take their jobs seriously. Especially those at this moneyhouse I go to.They should grab the bull by its horns… really! No wonder they are losing customers.

The first time I was there, I waited for close to thirty minutes before my number was called. I was shocked beyond south of Johor – that was because I was at their main branch. Got me wondering how long I needed to wait if I were at their smaller branches.

O dang – there goes the telephone again…pls hold on...

………….

That call wasn’t for me! Don’t they get it…there is no receptionist here…no lady picking up the phone just to transfer calls or pass messages for you..nada.. There’s a staff directory somewhere out there!

Where was I.. hmm yes then my next visit, I wanted them to link my accounts into one card. They gave me another new card. Imagine going to the ATM with two cards! How smart?!So, I told them that I needed just one card. But the new card was ready. So now there’s WASTAGE. One new shinny flashy red card gone to waste!

Now fast forward to today. I went to collect my new AhLong card.
First they said: Oh come back tomorrow to get it. Just need one day to do it.
Wow I was impressed - only one day?okay ... guess they are trying real hard to push these AhLong cards into the market. That's good!

The next day they said "I'm sorry miss, the card is not ready. Can we sms and let you know when the card is ready". Boy was I not surprised!

So I waited for the sms. Three days later I decided to pay a visit just to see if the card's ready. Well, didn't they only needed one day to do it. I gave them three more days! In total four days.

"Hi, is my card ready"
check,check,checkingggg...
"Oh miss, we have couried the card to your home"
"What?"

Being shocked beyond Geylang now, I told them to stop whatever they we doing to send it to my house! "I had indicated twice that I wanted to collect the card from here".
And there was silence ...

"Miss, we will inform you via sms once the card has arrived"

One week later, I got a note from PosLaju saying that I had missed the postman and to personally collect the package from PJ! How smart? I stay in KL! and I can't send a representative too and they open till? 6.30pm! now that should be easy but hmm I work in KL too!!

ah but Heaven's door opened when I saw this" Call XXXXX to arrange for the next delivery". And so I called.
"Sorry Miss, you'll have to contact that AhLong because it's an AhLong's card. We can't change the address".

Oh great, I have to make a visit to the AhLong.

And so I did. Again.
"Hi, I need you to call PosLaju to resend it to this place. They won't allow me to change the delivery address"
"Oh Miss, we'll have to wait for them to do the second round of delivery and if there's no one at home again they'll resend it to us"
(Now thinking in my heart ..doink of course there won't be anyone at home! That was why I wanted to come collect it here.. "geleng-geleng" my head)
"And when is that?" I calmly asked.
" Oh I'm not sure Miss".
"Then can you pls call PosLaju to resend it rather than wait"
"OK miss, I'll just fill up this form for you".
"I have filled up that form before". (shakes head)
"It's ok miss, I just need o fill this form up. Sign here pls".
"Ok thanks". BUT no thank you for your service.

eee how not to be geram you tell me!

I didn't want to lose my cool as I had a reputation to maintain.

What about them?


Coffee O

0 comments: