Thursday, August 27, 2009

High School Musical’s Gotta Go Your Own Way


Hi Coffee – O,

You know yesterday, my big boss came over with some inspiration to share with me. He switched on his walkman and said that I should listen to the song from High School Musical entitled “Gotta Go Your Own Way”. Now, may I ask – what impression does that give?

1. He is telling me to pack my stuff and go my own way.
2. He’s trying to inspire me to consider music as a choice of career.???
3. He thinks I am dumb enough to not listen to the lyrics and be inspired by the catchy music. In other words, he thinks I am just plain STUPID.

Anyway, here’s some of the lyrics to help you make a choice for me….

Gotta say what's on my mind. Something about us, doesn't seem right... these days. Life keeps getting in the way. Whenever we try, somehow the plan is always rearranged. It's so hard to say, but I gotta do what's best for me. You'll be okay...

Later he called to ask if I was inspired….and I said “oh yes….thank you. I was inspired to look for another job.” Then he goes, “ohhhh noooooo…..don’t get me wrong….i actually meant to share with you Sade’s song.”

By the way, the song by Sade that was on his walkman is entitled “I miss you”. Let’s analyse the lyrics here now:

Step off the train, walking down your street againPassed your door, but you don't live there anymoreIt's years since you've been there, and now you've disappeared somewhereTo outta space, you've found some better place(chorus):And I miss you, like the deserts miss the rainAnd I miss you, oh, like the deserts miss the rainCould you be dead? You always were two steps aheadAnd eveyrone, would walk behind where you would runI look up at your house, I can almost hear you shout down to me, where I always used to be(chorus):And I miss you, like the deserts miss the rainAnd I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain ...

Now, honestly what does that tell you again?

1. He asked me to “step off the train” – aka “get lost”.
2. He wants me dead. Apparently, the song seems to be for somebody who died.
3. He sincerely misses me – he hasn’t seen me for half a day because his office is located in the wing across the hallway from my workstation.

Hmmm…..

What’s your best bet on this?


Missy Red

0 comments: