Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Harrassed by other people's loan sharks.

What now?


Phone calls everyday - doesn't seem to stop.


Today I got a call from a bank asking for this particular guy, also another big mouth fella। Apparently he owes the bank some money. I'm not surprised at all. He's been going around showing off his latest acquisition- usually the latest gadget in the market. Last month was a Macbook. Middle of the month was a wireless Internet box. The month before was an MPV! ॥a handy cam.. a digicam .. and the list goes on.


He does not only buys them for himself but goes around telling everyone to buy what he bought...saying how good this and that is। Honestly he's a good salesman - every tom,dick and hasnah goes to him for advise on the latest gadget.


Well, this is the same guy who once told me about how he had to go on the streets to pick empty cans along with his kids just to put dinner on the table। His oh-so-sad stories used to be so believable.


I've also gotten phone calls from such banks asking for his friend who also owes them money। Well what they say is true -birds of the same feather flock together। And just to prove this point। I got calls from some lawyer’s office demanding to speak to his other friend. Well that fella is not so lucky, he will be declared a bankrupt if he doesn’t pay up.


When I get these kind of calls, I tell them the truth - they are simply not in the office। Some of these bankers feel that I'm trying to cover up for them. Like I have the time and interest to do ...blah

0 comments: